Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Blender on a Mac, part of Blender Essential Training.
Blender on the Macintosh OS X Operating System works pretty much the same as the Windows Operating System. They've made pains to keep the interface consistent through our versions, but the keyboard of the Macintosh is a little bit different than the PC keyboard, in that it doesn't have an Alt key. So to substitute for the Alt key we use the Option key on the Mac. So for example Ctrl+Alt+Q on the PC will be Ctrl+Option+Q and that will put you into an out of quad view.
So just remember to substitute the Option key on the Mac for the Alt key.
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 8/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added a single movie on unwrapping objects, a technique that works differently in Blender 2.7. The rest of the instructions in the course work equally well with Blender 2.6 and Blender 2.7.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: using the Node Editor.
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Appropriate for all
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.