Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding 3D view windows, part of Blender Essential Training.
- One of the windows that you're gonna be using the most…in Blender is the 3D view window,…and that's this big window here.…Now this window allows us to see the objects in our scene,…allows us to navigate our scene, and manipulate our objects.…So this is where we're gonna do a lot of our work,…is the 3D view.…Now this window actually has a number of menus…and panels on it, and let's just go ahead and take a look…at the overview of this window before…we get into navigation.…
So as you can see, the window itself contains…all of the objects, but over here to the left,…we have a panel, and this allows us to manipulate objects…through the object tools, so we can translate, rotate,…and scale, and if we select different objects,…you can see how this window can change a little bit,…depending upon what we have selected.…We also have a create tab, which allows us to create…new objects, as well as some additional tabs,…such as relations, animations, physics, and so on.…
Now just like with any panel in Blender, you can resize it.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.