Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video UV mapping multiple objects, part of Blender: UV Mapping.
- So far we've been dealing with…UV mapping single objects.…But what happens if we want to put the UV shells…of multiple objects into one UV map?…This mustard bottle is comprised of two objects.…The main container and the cap.…What I'd like to do is put the two UV maps…into one zero to one space.…So let's first UV map the bottle.…I'll select it and then press shift H…to hide everything else.…
Now I'll select a few edges…where I'd like to mark seams.…Control E and mark seams.…Now I'll select all…press the U key to unwrap,…and we have our initial UV map.…Ultimately, I'd like to take this UV map…into Photoshop and add color and a label.…So I'll need to know which part is the front.…If I turn off selection sync for a moment,…I can select a face…and see that this shell is the front of the bottle.…
So I'll put that down here.…This must be the back, so I'll move that aside.…This is this side,…and this goes over here.…I'll arrange the top and the bottom in here as well.…Okay.…I'll scale this down to put them into the 0 to 1 space,…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.