Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video UV mapping the handle, part of Sculpting a Game Asset in Blender.
- Continuing with the UV mapping,…let's work on this top piece.…I'll tab out of Edit mode, select these piece.…Also, I'll hit the period key on the number pad…to zoom into it and then I'll tab into Edit mode.…For this piece, I think we should…split it up into several sections.…I'll press the Alt key and select this edge, and maybe…I'll press Alt, Shift and select this edge as well.…Now these flat pieces up here are going to be fine…when we UV map them, but these pieces that are…one connected cylindrical item here, that I think…we're going to need to add a seam to.…
So I'll press Shift and select an edge here…and I'll select an edge here.…So that will open up these pieces…so they can be laid out flat.…And I'll press Control, E to mark a seam…and then I'll press A to select all of the object,…and I'll press U and Unwrap.…And that looks pretty good, I'll try…Angle-based just in case.…Now, look up here at the top, it says…object has non-uniform scale, that could be an issue.…
Let's take a look at that.…What that's telling us, let me tab back into…
- Modeling a symmetrical object in Blender
- UV mapping objects in Blender
- Creating high-poly sculpt details
- Using the sculpt and mask brushes
- Creating fine details
- Baking and applying texture maps
- Importing and testing texture maps in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Hammer
2. UV Mapping the Hammer
3. Sculpting the Details
4. Baking and Applying the Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.