- The next step in the process is UV Mapping.…Now if you're new to UV Mapping, please check out…my lynda.com course "Blender UV Mapping".…In it, we talk about what UV Mapping is,…what it's used for, and why we need it.…It's a good introduction to UV Mapping in Blender,…but in a nutshell, UV Mapping is simply…the process of projecting the polygons…of a three-dimensional object into a two-dimensional image.…It's kind of like cutting the corners of a cereal box…and opening it up and laying it flat,…down on the kitchen counter.…
If we were going to UV Map this particular object,…let's begin, say, with this part…of the hammer, the head of the hammer.…What I like to do is come over here…to the Screen Layout Menu and choose…the UV Editing Screen Layout.…This one works pretty well for me…so what we'll do is assign seams to our objects.…We'll then unwrap them and lay them out…in two-dimensional space over here…so I'll Tab into Edit Mode over here…and you'll notice that we can only see…half of the object in Edit Mode.…
That's because we still have that Mirror Modifier on it.…
- Modeling a symmetrical object in Blender
- UV mapping objects in Blender
- Creating high-poly sculpt details
- Using the sculpt and mask brushes
- Creating fine details
- Baking and applying texture maps
- Importing and testing texture maps in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Hammer
2. UV Mapping the Hammer
3. Sculpting the Details
4. Baking and Applying the Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.