Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video UV mapping a character, part of Blender Essential Training.
…Now let's use our knowledge of UV mapping to map something a little more complex,…and that would be this character that we've been working on.…Now, I'm doing this in Blender 2.7 because the way Blender unwraps has…changed a little bit with that version, so let's just try and be current here.…So let's go ahead and get this character set up and…the rough UV mapping applied and then we'll fine tune it.…So I'm going to select my character here and before I do anything I want to…make sure that my subdivision services are turned off because this really…won't help our mapping process and we can always turn this on later.…
So I'm going to go over to my modifiers and…just click off subdivision surfaces and we can turn that on later.…Now this character already has the material applied so…let's go over to texture and assign a texture image.…So I'm going to go new, and then under type we're going to do Image Ur Movie and…then down here we're going to open that file.…So I'm going to go ahead and open up, Body1.jpg.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.