Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Texturing the headlights, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now I've finished my materials…and there's one more little thing…that we need to do before we render.…And that's to add materials to the headlights.…So, if you take a look at this vehicle here,…I'm going to turn off these light covers,…and if we go into rendered mode here,…you'll see that I've tweaked the color of the car…a little bit and done some touch-ups.…But the headlights are still kind of dead,…they're basically just white.…So, we need to add some texture to that…in order to make it look better.…So, I'm going to go back into solid mode here,…so we can work with this,…and we're going to add an image texture.…
This is the image texture we're going to use.…It's called HeadLight.jpg, it's in the folder,…and that will give our headlights a more realistic look.…We can do this by creating material with that texture.…So, I'm going to start off by selecting…one of my headlights, I have two, left and right.…Let's go over to the materials tab here.…And right now, we have Material001…which is kind of a default material.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.