Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Stitching vertices, part of Blender Essential Training.
Now that we've joined our hand to our character, we still need to stitch up…the gap between the two parts, and we can do that using either the Merge Tool or Remove Doubles.…I'll show you how to do both.…Now, the first thing we need to do is we need to connect up that gap.…So I'm going to Zoom in here and we're going to do a little bit of modeling here.…I'm going to right-click to select my object, hit Tab, and the first thing we…need to do is we need to delete these faces so that we have open edges.…So I'm going to go into Face Mode, right-click, and Shift+select these eight…faces, so basically I'm selecting the faces on both sides.…
Hit the Delete key, while deleting faces.…So now we've got kind of this open edge and all we have to do is connect them together.…So we can do that in Vertex Mode using Snap.…So if I go into Vertex Mode, select one of these, and I'm going to go ahead and…turn on Snap and turn on Snap to Vertex.…Then, I'm going to hit G for Grab and that should Snap to any one of those vertices.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.