Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Smoothing and edging the model, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- I've gone ahead and touched up my model…and at this point I have the left half…of the vehicle pretty much done.…Now we do need to do a few little housekeeping chores.…We need to check the surface continuity,…in other words just make sure that this surface is smooth…and the way that we want it.…We also need to add what's called edging…which are basically the rolled edges…that you would get in normal sheet metal work.…Now, I'm going to go ahead and turn on Subdivision Surfaces…and I'm actually going to turn my Subdivisions up…to either two, maybe three, depends on how detailed…your model is.…
I'm going to start looking at the surface…in the light here and just see if I can find…any egregious detail, so in here's one, right here.…This one I actually put in just to show you.…Now when you see something like this like a bump,…you want to go back into Edit mode…and see what's causing it.…At this point you can see that well,…I've got this vertex right here…and this is off.…Now you can really tell it's off…by looking at the edges on either side of this.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.