This video covers creating shape keys for the hip joint. The shape keys are applied directly to the deform cage. Since the cage is fairly low poly, this turns out to be easier than applying shape keys to a higher poly character model.
- [Instructor] To create a shape key for the thigh…let's go ahead and come over here…to the shape keys panel and click the plus…and add a new shape key…and I'll call this thigh underscore bend underscore L.…And now I can take one of these and just copy…the value, copy driver, and let's paste it…into the new thigh bend shape key.…Paste right here.…And now if I come up here and click…it updates and you can see the thigh bend driver here.…
Now we need to know what bone…we're going to use for this.…If we go back to our list of shape key bones…we can see here we have a thigh driver, DRV,…so let's use that one.…I'll come back to the outliner and I'll type in…thigh underscore DRV and here we see the bones…for the left and the right.…I'll go ahead and select the one on the left…and when I do it's selected, but since it's hidden…we can't see it.…
So if I scroll up here I can see the armature layers.…And anytime there is an object within the layer selected…it lights up orange just like this.…So if I shift, click this, here are all the driver bones…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.