- Now that we have our model ready to render,…we can start setting up the scene for the render.…Now one of the first things I want to do…is create a little bit of an illusion here.…If you rotate the model around you can see…right through it.…In fact, that's because we didn't do anything…on the inside of the vehicle, we just modeled…the outside or the shell, so we don't have an…interior, we don't have an engine, and so we…kind of need to hide the fact when we go to…render this car.…So we can do that just by creating some cards,…or some basically, some objects that will…create the illusion that there's something in there.…
So I'm going to go ahead and start off with a plane,…and I'm just going to go ahead and bring this out,…and let's go ahead and rotate it, oh say 90…degrees here in Y, so it's vertical,…and then just position this.…So we're going to start with this little hole…right here, and we need to kind of cover that up.…Because there's nothing inside the car.…So I'm just going to scale it so that it covers the hole.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.