- [Voiceover] Before we begin setting up the materials…for the motorcycle,…we need to be able to see how it's going to look…in a final render.…So to do that I'd like to create a new screen layout.…So I'll come over here to the screen layout menu…and just click the plus.…And I'll change the name to rendering.…And now we can go ahead and change our screen layout…here without effecting the default view.…So there are a couple of things we're going…to need here.…I'll press the T key to close the tools panel.…
And I'll go ahead and bring down a window right here.…And up here I'd like to create a render view…and a node editor.…So I'll grab this corner again and drag it…to the left,…and I'll change this one to a node editor.…I'll press N to close that panel.…And this one here I'll use as my render view.…Now, down here I'll have the standard perspective view…but I also want, I'll click here and drag over here.…
I also want a U/V image editor for when we begin…adding a few textures as well.…Alright so what I'll do is I'll come over here…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.