Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up image planes, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Once you've collected your reference and your…blueprints, it's time to start setting up the…image planes in Blender.…Now these are basically the images against…which we will model the car, so before I do anything…I want to make sure that an add-on is turned on in Blender.…So we want to go to File, User Preferences, and…then jump over to the Add-On's tab.…Now I'm going to go over to Import-Export and…scroll down, and the one I'm looking for is…right here, it's called "Import Images as Planes."…Now I have it turned on, if it's not turned on for you,…go ahead and switch it on.…
And when you do it will go ahead and add another…menu option to your Import Menu, that's right down…here at the bottom, it's called "Images As Planes."…Now if I open that up, it will basically allow me…to import an image, and it will automatically…map it to a plane of the same aspect ratio.…So if I go into my blueprints folder here, my…Chapter One folder, I can import any one of these images.…I have a back, front, side and top view…already prepared for this course.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.