BlenRig comes with parameters and settings to fine tune how the character mesh reacts to the movement of the bones. In this video, look at the settings for the IK shoulder, the invert torso parameter, and the foot roll angles.
- [Narrator] Now that we have the rig pretty well in place,…we can use some od the blend rig settings…to adjust how the joints deform the character.…So, over here, in the armature panel,…if we scroll down, we come to the blend rig rigging panel.…And I'll click on the body settings…and here are some sections that we can enable…to adjust some of the settings.…So, I'll enable the IK and what this can do,…is allow you to adjust how the limbs bend with IK.…So, if I turn on the body two layer,…you can see these extra controls here…and down here…and this is what these are controlling.…
So, if I grab this arm IK,…or this hand IK,…I'll bring it up and maybe I'll move it in a bit,…something like this.…So, now, if I'm not quite happy with the way that's bending,…I can click drag in this field and begin to adjust…how that limb is affected by the IK.…So, you can see I can get,…I can of course go way too far.…But, I can get some different angles out of this.…So, I'll hit control or command Z to undo that.…
So, you can get a little bit of adjustment there.…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.