Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Separating the hood, doors, and trunk, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now that we have our model smoothed and edged,…we can start to cut out parts of the model,…such as the doors and the hood.…We're going to start with the doors.…At this point, we should have enough detail in the car.…If I hit tab here and go into Wire mode,…you'll see that I modeled this with a loop of edges…that go all the way around the door.…That will be, basically, what we'll use to cut it out.…But there's a little bit of a detail up here…towards the roof pillar that we need to pay attention to.…
If you look at this, you see that the detail here…kind of goes up here, and then cuts in.…I want to make sure that I get that, as well.…I'm going to actually pull this vertex in just a little bit,…and what we're going to do is,…we're going to go up along this edge here to here,…and then use that as the curve into…where we actually open the door.…I turn this into Wire Frame here.…
I'll actually select the edges here.…I'm going to have this edge, this edge,…this one, this one and this one.…You can see that I have an edge flow…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.