Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting objects, part of Blender Essential Training.
So let's take a look at selecting objects in Blender.…We already learned a little bit about selecting objects by clicking on them in the outliner.…So if I have to click on an object here you can see how I can select them.…But we can also select objects in the viewport and we do that by right-clicking.…So if I were to position my mouse over this cube and right-click on it, you…would see that it highlights and that tells me it's selected.…If I look in the outliner, you will also see a little circle here that tells me…it's selected as well.…
If I were to right-click over another object, say the Cylinder, it would highlight.…And I can do this for any object.…So if I wanted to select one object at a time, right-click is all I need.…Now if I want to select multiple objects, then I have to hold down the Shift…key and right-click.…So if I have this Cube selected and I hold down the Shift key and select the…Cylinder, you will notice how the Cylinder highlights.…So now I have two objects selected.…But also notice how the highlight around the Cube turned dark.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.