Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpt mode, part of Blender Essential Training.
…A more interactive way to do organic modelling is to use Blender's sculpt tool.…Now this tool has changed just a little bit in version 2.7,…so we're going to be using that version for this lesson.…Now the sculpt tool is highly interactive, so I added a little bit more density to…this particular character, and that'll give us room to sculpt a little bit more.…So let's go ahead and select this character and go into Sculpt Mode.…Now we've played already with Edit Mode, but Sculpt Mode is its own mode.…
So let's go ahead into that.…Let's go ahead and pull out this window, so we can see what we are doing.…Now when I go into Sculpt Mode, notice how the cursor changes.…This gives us a brush-based interface with which to sculpt the character.…So all I have to do is just left-click and drag, and…you can see that I'm actually sculpting this character.…Now, I'm going to undo that using Ctrl+Z,…and let's take a look at some of these tools here.…Now, probably the most important one here is the one at the top, the radius, and…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.