Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video The Sculpt Brush, part of Sculpting a Game Asset in Blender.
- Well now that we've added the multi-resolution modifier…to our various objects, we can actually begin sculpting now.…Now I should mention I've gone ahead and switched over…to a Wacom tablet, a pen and tablet,…and it's a lot easier to sculpt with a pen and tablet…than it is with a mouse.…Trying to sculpt with a mouse is kind of like…trying to paint with a mop.…You can do it, but it's not advisable.…What I'd like, I think, is to have…wood grain texture up here and…a leather wrapped handle down here.…
So with the multi-resolution modifier on here,…I'm going to come over to this pull-down…and go from object mode to sculpt mode.…And now we can see our sculpt panel over here on the left,…and if I click on this icon, I can see…all the different kinds of sculpt brushes we have.…Now we're not going to use all of these…for this particular project, but we will use things…like the ScupltDraw brush, the smooth brush.…We'll use the mask tool and maybe a couple of others…like the crease or the pinch.…
So with this SculptDraw brush I can come straight into here…
- Modeling a symmetrical object in Blender
- UV mapping objects in Blender
- Creating high-poly sculpt details
- Using the sculpt and mask brushes
- Creating fine details
- Baking and applying texture maps
- Importing and testing texture maps in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Hammer
2. UV Mapping the Hammer
3. Sculpting the Details
4. Baking and Applying the Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.