Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Roughing out the trunk, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now we have the rear fender of the vehicle…pretty much blocked out…and we can start moving on to the trunk…and eventually the roof.…Now one of the things about this…is we're going to start modelling the back of the vehicle.…When I do that, I'm going to have all of these vertices here…right behind me,…so I may accidentally select something here…and not know it, so I'm going to just go ahead…and do a little trick here.…We're going to just hide all of this.…Going to go into Edit mode,…then going to go ahead and select all of the vertices…at the front of the vehicle,…make sure I get them all…and then just do Mesh, Show/Hide,…we're going to Hide Selected.…
That just gives me the back part of the vehicle,…so now I won't accidentally move vertices on the front part.…Now that we have that in place,…let's go ahead and start working on the trunk.…Basically it's going to be the same as the hood,…we're going to extrude towards the right side…of the vehicle…and just add some detail.…I'm going to go into my top view.…Let's go into Edge mode here.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.