Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Roughing out the hood and front end, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- At this point we have the front fender built…and I've kind of tweaked the curvature of this…to be a little bit more smooth and one of the things…I did was I made sure that the inside edge of this…was fairly smooth.…If I hit TAB here, you'll see that it goes from…pretty flat towards the windshield…to almost vertical towards the headlights.…So we have a fairly steep change in curvature there…and so I just wanted to make sure that this edge…curves in very nicely and I also have a…pretty good curve on the inside edge of this.…
Now we're gonna start working on the front end of the car.…We're going to do, basically, the opening…for the grille and the hood.…Now the grille opening is pretty straightforward,…it's just a shape that we need to model out…but there's also this little notch that we have…to make sure that we get and that's a very signature…feature of Aston Martin's…and we also have a hood that we need to…make sure that we get as well.…So let's go ahead and start off by doing…some extrudes and we're gonna start extruding the hood.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.