Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Rotating objects, part of Blender Essential Training.
Rotating objects is another important thing to learn in Blender.…So let's take a look at how to do that.…Now we can rotate just similar to transform by hitting the Rotate Tool and the…shortcut for that is R. So if I right-click over this chair to select it, hit…the R key, you can see how I can rotate it around this viewport.…This might not be how you really want to rotate it, but again, just like with…the Move Tool we can constrain it to specific axes.…
So if I hit the X key, I can rotate around the X axis, if I hit Y, I can rotate…around Y. Now remember we are rotating around that axis, so think of the Y axis…is more or like the X wheel.…If I were to go for the Z axis, we would rotate around that vertical axis.…Then I am going to right-click off of this to cancel.…So if I hit the R key and hit it as second time, you get a different type of rotation.…
You can actually rotate this object almost like it's on a trackball.…So if you move it up and down, you're kind of moving along the Y direction, if…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.