The BlenRig mouth controls affect the lower jaw of the character, the stretch of the mouth, and the lips. The controls for the inner mouth affect the movement of the tongue and teeth.
- We'll adjust two different sets of controllers…for the mouth, one for the jaw and the lips.…And the other for the inner mouth, the teeth and the tongue.…Let's take a look at that, I'll zoom in here.…And let's look at this purple set of controls.…If we go over to the armature panel again…and scroll down to the bone groups,…this control group is called STR_FACE_MECH.…Let's choose that and then click Select.…And now once again let's press Shift + H to isolate it.…
I'll go to the side view with the 3 key…and the orthographic view with the 5 key.…And I'll also make sure that my head object…isn't selectable, so I'll turn this arrow icon off.…And now we want to place these controls…so that we can control the lower jaw,…the stretch of the mouth, and the lips.…First of all, I'll grab this maxi str 1…and move this to the point where I think…the joint of the jawbone is, right about here I'd say.…
And then the other end of this control should go…right out at the tip of the chin, right there.…Now, this control here is for the mouth stretching,…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.