The BlenRig eye controls should be placed on the surface of the character. B-bone display helps ensure that the controls are properly spaced from each other.
- [Voiceover] Before we begin retargeting the eyes,…there are a couple of adjustments we need to make…up here in the head.…I'm gonna select a control up here…and just zoom into it.…And I think what I'd like to do is…move the neck control, this, neck control…forward-down, just a little bit.…I think the joint just probably…around in here.…So I'll just move that down a hair.…And readjust these neck controls,…just so they're in line with that.…
Now what I'll do is bring this control…down to the top of the head, right here.…And these controls here, this should be…right around where the eyes are.…And that looks pretty good, right there.…And this control right here, the head mid one,…should be maybe just around the bottom of the nose.…Kind of like that.…We can take our ear controls here,…and move them out to the ears.…
Maybe right about there.…Then we can take this head control right here,…and move this out and down, and…wherever you think it needs to go…to kind of get our face controls in line…with the character's face.…We can also come around to the front…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Appropriate for all
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.