Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering animation, part of Blender Essential Training.
Up until this point, we've been rendering individual images in Blender, but we…can also render animation.…So let's take a look at how to do this.…I have a scene already set up with animation.…Now we haven't really gone through animation at this point, but we're just…going to render it, so let's take a look at this scene.…We have a pool ball that's rolling into the scene.…So, if I want to, I can left click on my timeline and scrub it or if I want to…play it, I can hit this Play button down here and we can see a quick preview of the scene.…
Now, I'm going to go ahead and hit Stop, and let's go ahead and render this.…Now, if we want, we can just hit this button that says Render Animation, but…we really don't have everything set up to render to the proper place and in the proper format.…So let's go ahead and do that first.…So, if we scroll down here to our Dimensions, we can see we have a number…of different options.…I'm going to go ahead and select HDTV 72p, and this will render a slightly…smaller file so that it will render quicker for this demonstration.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.