Join David Andrade for an in-depth discussion in this video Prerequisites, part of Blender: Creating a Finished Character Animation.
- View Offline
- Before we begin ideally you already have a working knowledge of Blender. If not I recommend watching the Blender Essential Training by George Maestri and the Foundations of Animation also by George Maestri. Finally if you are a Maya animator transitioning to Blender I recommend my own website theoryanimation.com/learn where we have in-depth tutorials that cover a Maya to Blender animator workflow.
- Listening to the dialog clip
- Sketching out the animation framework
- Learning how character and facial rig works
- Blocking key character poses
- Getting feedback
- Adjusting appendages
- Matching dialog to the animation
- Cleaning up frames with the Graph Editor
- Lighting and rendering the animation