Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Populating the wheels with spokes, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now that we have the spokes in place,…we can duplicate those to create an array.…So, the first thing I'm going to do is select my spokes.…In fact, let's go ahead and change the name here…from cylinder to spokes.…And we're going to go into our modifier panel…and we're going to create an array.…Now we've used this before, and what it does is it creates…basically a linear array of the object that you have.…Now for this, I need 48 spokes, so I'm going to…type the number 48, and you could see that, well,…it's creating them linearly, and what we need to do…is we need to rotate them around…so we need to create a radial array.…
Now the first thing I want to do is I want to get…all the spokes in place, so I want to…reduce the offset to zero on all axes,…and then I need to figure out a way to rotate this around.…Well I can do that using a helper object.…We have this here called Object Offset, and then I need to…bring an object in in order to define the rotation.…So, we're going to do very similar to what we did before,…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.