Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Pinning and Live Unwrap, part of Blender: UV Mapping.
- In this lesson we'll use Susanne,…the iconic Blender Monkey mascot.…You can create one by going to…the Create tab, and Monkey.…I've gone ahead and marked some seams for this,…and I'll select all, and press U, and unwrap.…So let's say I'd like to increase…the relative resolution of the face of this character.…There's quite a bit of space being taken up…by the sides and the back of the head here.…I'd like to increase the size of the face on the map…in relation to these side parts.…
What I can do is select a few vertices to pin,…and use those to interactively change…the unwrap of the object.…So first I'll select these vertices…and go to the UVs menu, and select Pin.…The shortcut key is P.…The pinned vertices are highlighted red.…Now if I move one, there's nothing special about it.…But, if I go back to the UVs menu,…and turn on Live Unwrap,…now when I move a pin UV,…the island interactively unwraps and changes on the fly.…
This is great for altering…the relative proportions of your map.…Exactly the kind of thing we need…
- What is a UV map?
- Working with seams and stretching
- Stitching UVs
- Exporting a UV map
- UV mapping a complete scene
- UV mapping a character
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Projecting UV Maps
2. Modifying UVs
3. Organizing and Exporting UV Maps
4. UV Mapping an Alley Scene
5. UV Mapping a Character
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.