- [Instructor] Now let's take a look at how…to navigate in Blender.…Navigation in Blender is done using…the middle mouse button,…so you really need a three button mouse,…in order to use Blender efficiently.…Now navigation is as simple as…pressing down that middle mouse button.…So if you press down the middle mouse button and drag,…you can orbit the scene.…If you hold down the Ctrl key,…along with the middle mouse button,…you can zoom in and out,…or dolly in and out, basically,…so what you're doing is moving the camera in and out.…
And you can also roll the middle mouse button…if you have a mouse that has a rolling middle mouse.…Now holding down the Shift key…and the middle mouse button, allows you to pan.…So very simply,…if you hold down middle mouse you can orbit,…Ctrl allows you to zoom,…Shift allows you to pan.…Very easy.…So, if we want to,…we can use this to isolate an object,…so let's say I wanted to zoom in to this chair here,…I could certainly do that.…
Now there are times when you may…want to see everything in the scene,…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 8/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added a single movie on unwrapping objects, a technique that works differently in Blender 2.7. The rest of the instructions in the course work equally well with Blender 2.6 and Blender 2.7.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: using the Node Editor.
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Intermediate
Edge Animate Essential Trainingwith Chris Converse4h 44m Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.