Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Moving objects, part of Blender Essential Training.
There are many times when you'll need to move your objects around in 3D space.…And we do that by using the Transform Tools.…Before we actually start transforming objects around, we need to know where…we're going to be transforming them.…We need to do a little bit about how 3D space works in Blender.…So if I start orbiting my scene, you will notice I have a little icon in the…bottom corner of this screen and I also have some green and red axes, and these…just tell me where my X, Y and Z axes are.…
Now my Z axis is my vertical axis which isn't showing up on my grid, but just…know that Z is up and down and X and Y move you left, right and forward back.…So if I want to move an object, probably the easiest way to do that is to hit…the Translate key here in the Object Tools Panel.…I can also get to that by using the G hotkey.…Now G stands for Grab.…So if I were to right-click on an object say the table and hit G, notice how it…turns white and now I can translate that object.…
Now I really don't know exactly where I'm translating.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.