- [Voiceover] For this part of the motorcycle…I think we can begin again with a circle,…so I'll go over here to the Create tab…and just create a circle.…I've got eight sides here,…maybe I'll choose 12 instead,…and I'll rotate around the Y 90 degrees.…I'll move this into place, say, right about here…and scale it down so it fits right around this part,…the outside rim of that circular extrusion.…
Now from here I'll tab into Edit mode…and go to Edge mode,…and I'll just select a couple of edges here.…I want to selece these edges right around here,…and maybe I'll go ahead and choose them all.…Maybe I'll just go ahead and choose them all…because it looks like we need…a little bit of an edge or rim around this side as well.…So I'll hit E and scale out just a little bit.…Now I can go ahead and select these edges here,…and maybe hit Extrude and let's move these up…and into place.…
So now I can go to Vertex mode…and begin moving these up into place, like this.…And now I can come into Edge mode again…and select these edges here, right around here,…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.