- [Voiceover] Now we can go through a similar process…for the tires.…Let's go back to the right view and hit the five key…to go to orthographic.…And for the tires I think all we need is a Cylinder.…And then I'd like to split it down the middle…and mirror it over before we begin extruding edges…to create the curve on the side of the tire.…Whenever we create an object, it's going to come in…at the point of the 3D cursor.…So what let's do is just click right over here…in the center of our tire, like that.…
And now let's go ahead and create a Cylinder.…And I'll go ahead and leave it with 32 sides.…But I don't think we need any Cap Fills.…So I'll pull open this menu and choose Nothing.…And now let's rotate this around the y axis by pressing…r + y + nine + zero and that will rotate it 90 degrees…around the y axis.…Now we can scale this up 'til it's about the right size.…
We may need to move it just a tad here.…Now let's go ahead and tumble around…and we can scale it in the x with s and x.…Bring that in some, like that.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.