Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling spokes, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now we have the rims and the tires in place,…we can start to work on the spokes.…Let's take a quick look at some reference here,…and you'll see that the spokes are…what are called "two-cross," so they cross in pairs.…So, what we're going to do is model a pair of spokes…and then duplicate it.…Now, in order to do this,…it makes more sense to do this at the origin…because of the Array tool…and how it needs to be used.…So, I'm going to move my entire wheel to the origin.…
And we will go from there.…So, I'm gonna select the tire,…go into my object panel,…highlight all the fields, and type in zero.…And that zeroes all that out.…Same for the rim…and for the hub.…Now, the hub, I have this a little bit off here,…so I'm gonna go ahead and just pull this forward.…And we can fix this as we do the final assembly of the tire.…So, its pivot is a little bit off.…So, I'm just gonna go ahead…and roughly position it on the X-axis.…
Now that we have all of these in place,…we can start to model the spokes.…Now, I'm gonna start with a cylinder…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.