- [Voiceover] There are these brackets that connect the top…and the bottom of the frame right here.…It's kind of an E shape.…It begins here and it curves like this,…comes up to here and moves back,…and then curves up like that.…You can kind of see that over here a little bit.…You can see the bottom part of it here…and how it curves and goes forward again.…So I'd like to create this piece,…and then we can attach this brace…on the back fender to that as well.…
I think what we should do is maybe use…a polygon plane the same way we did with the fenders,…and then once we get it shaped and into place,…then we can add thickness to it.…So I'll come over here and create a polygon plane.…I'll rotate it around the y-axis with R, Y, 9, 0.…And I'll hit the Z key for wire frame,…and let's move this up.…And I'll just scale it down until we get…maybe something right around in here, let's say.…
I'll tab into Edit Mode, and with these vertices here…I'll just move them around until it kind of fits…the shape I'm looking for, something like this, let's say.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.