Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the mirrors and turn signals, part of Modeling a Motorcycle in Blender.
- [Voiceover] For the turn signal…I think I'll begin on a new layer again.…And for this even though it's kind of cylindrical,…I think I may begin with a cube.…Let's give it a try.…I'm gonna hit create and a cube here.…And I'll scale in the Z with S and Z,…and I think I want to go ahead and right up front…add a subdivision surface modifier to it,…and I'll take the views up to two…and smooth it here.…
Now what I can do is add an edge loop…and bring that up.…And you can see it's already beginning…to get that rounded shape to it.…And I could insert an edge loop…right around in here…and to kind of hold this area right here.…And then maybe I could come down here,…select this face, and maybe scale it in,…so it gives it more of a point.…And maybe move it up like that.…Now to get it to be a little smoother…we could come down here to the views…and increase the views here as well.…
And that's a good basic shape to begin with I think,…and that may be all we need.…So let's go ahead and bring the other pieces back now.…I'll Shift + select these other layers…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.