- [Voiceover] For this part here,…I think we can go through much the same process…that we did with the last piece.…We can begin with a cylinder and begin extruding out…to get this shape here.…So I'll go to a new layer,…and let's go ahead and create a new cylinder.…I'll give it 12 sides.…I'll make sure that the cap fill is set to nothing,…and I'll go ahead and rotate it around the Y axis with RY90.…
I'll go ahead and zoom in with period key on the numpad,…and let's put this in place now.…I'll go to the side orthographic view,…and I'll scale it down,…and let's just move it right into place.…From here, I think i can scale it down quite a bit…and in the Z as well, with S and Z.…It looks like I could tab into edit mode…and hit the Z key to go to wire frame…and border select these vertices right here,…and maybe scale in the Z like this.…
That looks a little better.…All right.…From here, let's go ahead and tumble around,…and maybe we can scale it down in the X some,…and I'm thinking I'm working on this part right here.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Texturing a Game Asset in Blenderwith Darrin Lile43m 25s Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.