Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling bumpers, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now I have the headlights and taillights in place,…let's go ahead and move on to the bumper.…Now the bumper itself is pretty form-fitting,…you can see here from the reference kind of what…it looks like, so let's go ahead and try…and get that shape.…So we're going to start off by hiding a few things.…I want to start with my blueprint reference, so…I'm going to hide my body, my grill, probably…headlight covers, and I also want to hide the…tires, so I'm going to control-select each one…of these, so I'm holding down the control key…while I select these.…
So now I have a clean area with which to work.…So let's go ahead and turn on our reference, and…make sure we're in textured mode here, so…let's go ahead and start the bumper a box.…So I'm going to go ahead and create a cube and…let's solid shade it, and let's just kind of move…it into place here.…So I want to get it right around this bumper area,…and we're certainly going to reshape this, so I…want it to be right around there, I want this…edge to be on the center, and then we're going to…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.