Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Modeling the air filter, part of Blender: Model a Motorcycle.
- [Voiceover] To finish up this part…of the engine right here,…let's go ahead and begin with the cylinder.…I'll go to the side view here…and go to a pre-layer.…And I'm just gonna click right here…in the center of this piece to move the 3D cursor there.…And I'll create a cylinder…and instead of 32 sides, let's go with 12.…I don't need any cap fill for this,…so I'll choose nothing.…And I'll rotate it around the y axis…with R, Y, 9, 0.…
And enter.…Now, I'm gonna scale this down so it fits…right around this piece right here.…I'll begin in the center and scale out.…So I get this in place,…about like that.…Let me tumble around and let's scale this in with S and X.…Get that a little bit narrower.…Something like this.…Now if I tab into edit mode…and go to edge mode and alt click one of these edges,…so I select that back ring.…
I'll go back to the side view and let's extrude with E,…and I'm gonna click and then I'm gonna…scale out just a bit like this.…And then I'll scale in the Y with S and Y…and pull those out just a bit, like that.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.