Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Mirroring the model, part of Vehicle Modeling in Blender.
- Now we have all of our parts cut out,…it's time to mirror our model.…At this point, you may want to go over…your model just one more time…to make sure it's smooth and the way that you want…because once you mirror it, you're just…going to double your effort…in terms of cleaning things up.…The first thing we need to do…when mirroring something…is we need to decide what axis…we're going to mirror it across.…On this case, we're going to mirror…along the red axis here or the x.…One of things about this model is that…when I created it, I started with a plane…right around here.…
This is where the pivot point for our object is.…If I were to mirror it right now…it would mirror around this point.…I need to center this point.…We can do that very simply…by snapping this to the 3-D cursor.…Before we do that, we need to make sure…that the 3-D cursor is at zero.…I'm going to go ahead and open up this panel…here on the side and just select all of these…and type zero.…Now my 3-D cursor is at zero.…Then I'm going to keep my object selected…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering Using Cycles in Blenderwith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.