Join Christian Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Materials and Dynamask, part of PBR Materials with Blender & Quixel.
- [Voiceover] Now that we know how to make materials,…we're gonna look at ways that we…can blend those materials a little bit better…using the DynaMasks that are offered through Quixel.…So I'm going to be focusing on these…small areas here,…and if I hit C while hovering over my 3DO interface,…they're these blue areas,…so they're kind of the little detail pieces.…And I wanna make a metal piece…that's similar to what I have here on the barrel,…that'll work for those.…
I'm first gonna come over here to my DDO interface,…and I'm gonna go to Smart Materials for this.…And I'm gonna pick something that is a metal,…so this time we'll look under Military here,…let's pick something different than what we've seen.…And I think I'm going to use this...…Tank Armor, Flat Dark Earth.…That looks like it'll work,…but we're gonna have to change that paint color.…I'll hit Create, and the same process…is going to take place that we've seen before.…
And now it's applied that texture to the whole tank,…which we don't want,…so what we'll do is we'll go back up…
By the end of the course, you should be excited about and more comfortable with the Quixel Suite and the Blender import and export system. This workflow is suitable for game assets, models destined for animation, visual effects, and more.
- What is PBR?
- Exporting a mesh from Blender
- Loading maps in Quixel DDO
- Making textures with DDO
- Setting up lighting in 3DO
- Flattening materials
- Using NDO
- Sculpting and painting normal maps
- Finishing materials with dust, dirt, and patina
- Rendering the project in 3DO