Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video The Mask Brush, part of Sculpting a Game Asset in Blender.
- For the rest of the handle, I think I'd like a leather…strip around that, as if it's been wrapped in leather.…To do that, let's use the Mask tool.…So up here if we click on this icon,…we can choose the Mask tool for our brush.…And if we zoom in here, we can see that if…I draw on this, or if I paint on this,…you can see it lays down a black or grey mask.…Well, what we want is we want this mask to be…full strength, and I also don't want it to be…influenced by the pressure of my stroke,…so I'm going to turn off pressure sensitivity,…I want it to just always be 100% there.…
So now if I come over here and I begin…painting on the handle, you can see I'm…laying down this opaque kind of dark grey…onto the handle, and this is the mask, this will,…the mask will block any attempt at…sculpting on the object.…And what I'm going to do is I'm going to then...…Paint out particular portions of the handle,…particular portions of the mask,…that I do want to sculpt, so here,…let me show you what I mean.…
I'm going to go ahead and paint this up…
- Modeling a symmetrical object in Blender
- UV mapping objects in Blender
- Creating high-poly sculpt details
- Using the sculpt and mask brushes
- Creating fine details
- Baking and applying texture maps
- Importing and testing texture maps in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Modeling the Hammer
2. UV Mapping the Hammer
3. Sculpting the Details
4. Baking and Applying the Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.