Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Mapping textures in the UV Editor, part of Blender Essential Training.
…Now, let's use the UV image editor to precisely align a bitmap to an object.…Now, I'm using Blender 2.7 for…this, because the way it unwraps objects is a little bit different.…So we're going to use that, just to be current.…Now we already touched on the UV image editor just a little bit when we…took a bitmap image and showed it in the viewport.…But we can also use that editor to actually align the image to an object.…So let's go ahead and start with this simple box.…
Now this has no materials on it so…let's add some, I'm going to go into my materials panel,…hit new and just create a new blank material, we don't need to name it.…And then we need to add a texture so your going to go into texture panel,…again hit new and we're going to add an image or a movie.…And scroll down.…Click Open.…And the image we're looking for is called CardboardBox.jpg.…Open that up, and you'll see it's a cardboard box.…Hit F12 to render.…
Now, if you're on a Mac, you may need to use the pull-down menu.…You'll see that this image kind of goes on the box, but not really.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.