Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Making wheel hubs and rims, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- Now my tire's pretty much complete,…and we need to start working on the rim,…and the inner part of the wheel.…So if you look at the reference here,…you'll see we have a rim…that goes inside the wheel,…and then a hub inside of that,…and it's all connected up by spokes.…So we're going to start on the rim and the hub,…and then we'll work on the spokes…and the rest of the wheel.…Now before we do anything,…let's go ahead and finish off our tire.…Now we need to go ahead and collapse our modifier,…so I'm going to go to the top modifier here,…which is our array.…
We're going to apply that.…And then I'm going to apply the bend.…And that should, pretty much,…make the tire complete.…Now one of the things is that this tire…has a little teeny-tiny gap here at the seam,…and if we wanted to we could go through…and stitch that up by merging vertices.…I'm going to skip that step for now,…just so we can get to the rest of the tire.…Let's make sure that it's centered…to the object here,…and if we want we can do a…Transform, Origin the Center of Mass.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.