Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the side panel, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- I've gone ahead and finished the front end of my car,…and now it's time to start working on the back side of this.…Now, I'm going to start extruding from the front…towards the back, and so we'll do the side panel,…then move on to the rear fender and the back end.…Now, before I do anything,…I wanna do a couple of things.…I wanna hide this back and front panel,…because really we're just working mostly on the side.…And then also, I want to change my layering.…I've been working with my main object…in this layer here, but actually I wanna change it over,…so that way I can turn on or off these panels fairly easily,…so all I have to do is hold down shift…and turn down these panels.…
So I wanna make sure I have both of these on.…So, now let's go ahead and start…adding some detail to get the side door…as well as the wheel well.…So, what I'm going to do is…I'm gonna go into Edit Mode here.…And I'm gonna start selecting some edges.…Now, if I look at this from the top view,…you'll see that the car kind of goes…along the side of the door.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.