Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Making the grille, part of Blender: Vehicle Modeling.
- With the wheels in place, now it's time to start adding…the trim pieces and finalizing the vehicle.…So, we're going to add the grill, windshield,…bumpers and various trim pieces.…So, let's go ahead and start off with the grill.…We're going to turn on our front image here.…And as you can see, if we look at this vehicle…from the front, you can see that the grill…is a fairly simple geometry.…If we take a look at the reference, you can kind of…get a sense for what it is.…
It's basically these horizontal slats…and then vertical pieces to hold them together.…Now, because this is a regular pattern,…we can use a lot of shortcuts to model it.…So, I'm going to zoom in here.…And we're just gonna model one of these.…We're gonna model a horizontal piece…as well as an upright.…So, I'm gonna start off by creating a cube here,…and I'm going to pull this out…so we can see it a little bit better.…And let's go ahead and just shade this in solid,…so we can see a little bit better.…
And let's go ahead and pull this…all the way out past the grill.…
- Gathering reference images and blueprints
- Importing reference images as planes in Blender
- Setting up Blender for modeling
- Sculpting the front and rear fenders
- Adding headlights and taillights
- Building the hood
- Roughing out the trunk
- Adding detail
- Smoothing out the model
- Mirroring the model
- Separating the hood, docks, and trunk
- Modeling the wheels
- Creating the tire-tread pattern
- Making wheel hubs, rims, and spokes
- Finishing and fitting the wheels
- Making the grille
- Adding windshields and trim
- Finalizing the model
- Adding lighting and reflective surfaces
- Rendering the final model
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
1. Preparing Blender for Modeling
2. Modeling the Front End
3. Finishing the Body
4. Modeling Auto Wheels
5. Detailing the Vehicle
6. Finishing Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.