- Before we begin, we should really think about…what it is we're going to be creating here…and we've been given a reference image…of our object, of our war hammer here.…It's a hammer for a video game character.…It's going to need to be fairly low polygon.…It isn't going to be the main focus of the scene,…but it'll be used by the main character…so we need to keep all those things in mind.…In addition, we want some sort of…logo or design here in the center of this piece,…but other than that this is pretty much…what we should be shooting for.…
So to ensure that we're going to get…the proportions correct as we're creating this,…let's bring this image in as a background image…in Blender so that we can model our object…directly to it.…So let's work on that.…Now all of these objects in this scene,…when we first opened Blender,…we don't really need all of this…so I'm going to press the A key once…to deselect everything and I'll press…the A key again to select everything.…Then I'll press the X key and click on Delete.…
Now to bring an image into Blender to use as a reference,…
- Modeling a symmetrical object in Blender
- UV mapping objects in Blender
- Creating high-poly sculpt details
- Using the sculpt and mask brushes
- Creating fine details
- Baking and applying texture maps
- Importing and testing texture maps in Unity
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Modeling the Hammer
2. UV Mapping the Hammer
3. Sculpting the Details
4. Baking and Applying the Textures
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.