- [Instructor] Now let's put it all together…and light a scene in cycles.…Now I have the scene…that we have kinda been working on here,…and let's go ahead and just render this bottom view port.…And as you can see, we really don't have much light in here,…all we have is ambient occlusion.…So if we go over to our World tab,…we can toggle that on or off.…Now I am going to start off by adding in a single light…into the scene to represent sunlight.…
Now it doesn't have to be a sunlamp,…it can be another type of lamp…just as long as we get the shadows and the lighting correct.…So I'm going to go into my Create tab here,…and I'm gonna scroll down to Lamps,…and I actually think I'm gonna create a point light.…So I'm gonna go ahead…and bring a point light into the scene.…And then I am going to turn off ambient occlusion here…so we can see the effect of the point light only.…
As you can see it is very, very dim.…So I am going to go over to my Light tab…and I'm gonna bring the strength up quite a bit…so let's bring it up to 50,000.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 8/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added a single movie on unwrapping objects, a technique that works differently in Blender 2.7. The rest of the instructions in the course work equally well with Blender 2.6 and Blender 2.7.
Q: This course was updated on 06/20/2017. What changed?
A: The following topic was updated: using the Node Editor.
After Effects CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson14h 51m Intermediate
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.