Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Joining mesh objects, part of Blender Essential Training.
Another way to add complexity to a Mesh Model is to join multiple meshes together.…Now, we can do that with this particular character, by joining his hand to his body.…But before we do that, let me give you a little background on how this all works.…So before we do anything, I'm just going to do a simple File>New, and this…brings up a simple Cube.…Now, I'm going to move this Cube out of the way.…And we've done this before, where we actually take an object and we add a new one.…
So I'm just going to add in a Mesh>UV Sphere, and this is basically pretty simple.…We have two objects in the scene;…we have the Cube and we have the Sphere.…Now, something different happens when you're in Edit Mode.…So I'm going to right-click on this Sphere, hit Tab to go into Edit Mode.…Now I'm going to add in, using Shift+A, a Mesh, and I'm going to add in another UV Sphere.…Now, when I do that, you'll see that, well, I get a Sphere here, but if you look…over here in the Outliner, I only have one object.…
If I hit Tab to go out of Edit Mode, notice how both of these objects are selected.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.