The BlenRig add-on can be downloaded from the main page of this course, or from GitLab.com. The file should be kept in .zip format when installing in Blender.
- [Instructor] Before we can add the BlenRig armature…into the scene, we first need to download it…and install it into Blender.…Now, I've included this as part of the exercise files…that you can download from the main page of this course.…However, if you'd like to get it straight from the source,…you can go to gitlab.com, and go to the page…of the creator of BlenRig, Juan Pablo Bouza,…and download it from here.…So, this page can be accessed…at gitlab.com/jpbouza/BlenRig.…
You'll need to create an account to be able to see…the download feature here on the page,…and if I click this, I can click Download Zip File.…Now as I mentioned, this is available…in the exercise files, but this is really…if you wanna get the very latest version,…if there are any changes that are made.…So once we have our zip file downloaded,…we need to keep it as a zip file,…because Blender wants to install add-ons as zips.…
So now let's go over here to File and User Preferences.…And in this window, let's choose Add-Ons.…Now, to install our zip file,…
- Retargeting the rig
- Baking the rig
- Adjusting the deform cage for the head
- Adjusting the legs and feet
- Binding the character to the deform cage
- Adding corrective shape keys
- Setting up drivers
- Weight painting
- Setting parameters
- Adjusting actions and ranges
Skill Level Intermediate
Blender: Rendering with Cycleswith George Maestri1h 28m Intermediate
Creating a Finished Character Animation in Blenderwith David Andrade1h 29m Intermediate
1. Retargeting the Rig
2. Adjusting the Deform Cage
Adjusting the legs and feet5m 57s
3. Adding Corrective Shape Keys
4. Weight Painting
5. Adjusting Fine Details
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.