Join George Maestri for an in-depth discussion in this video Image-based lighting in cycles, part of Blender Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now let's take a look…at how to do image based lighting in cycles.…Now, image base lighting allows you to create…very realistic lighting models by using images as lights.…Now, typically, we use what's called an HDR file…which has a high dynamic range but we could also use things…such as JPEGs in a pinch.…Now, I've added in one additional object into the scene…and that's called image light.…
It's really just a plain so if I shade this here,…you can see that this is really just an object…that's just basically a flat plain that's been modeled…into somewhat of an arc.…So I want to add an image into this and turn…that into a light.…So I can do that by going over into Materials.…But, before I do that, I wanna make sure I turn…on rendering here.…So when I do that, you can see how this object is reflected…in this coffee pots.…
When I move this up, you can see how this reflection goes.…Now, what I wanna do is actually change this into an image.…So I'm gonna go over to my Materials tab…and we're gonna create a new material.…
- Navigating in 3D space
- Selecting, rotating, and scaling objects
- Using Snap to move objects precisely
- Creating mesh primitives and extrusions
- Subdividing meshes
- Creating a simple creature
- Joining mesh objects and stitching vertices
- Organizing a scene with layers, groups, and hierarchies
- Assigning glossy and reflective materials to objects
- Creating bump maps
- Creating sky and ambient light
- Understanding ambient occlusion
- Adding motion blur and depth of field
- Editing animation in the Graph Editor
- Building and animating a simple character
Skill Level Beginner
1. The Blender Interface
2. Selecting and Translating Objects
4. Advanced Modeling
5. Staying Organized
6. Applying Materials
7. Adding Textures
8. Working with Light
9. Cameras and Rendering
10. Basic Animation
11. Character Rigging
12. Rendering in Cycles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.