Join Darrin Lile for an in-depth discussion in this video Goodbye, part of Blender: Model a Motorcycle.
- Well thank you for joining me as we've explored…hard surface modeling in Blender,…with Blender Motorcycle Modeling.…I've really had a lot of fun.…I hope it's been useful for you.…If you'd like to continue with Blender,…please check out a few of my other courses…on Lynda dot com.…There's Blender UV Mapping…that takes you through the process and the techniques…of UV Mapping in Blender.…We talk about what UV Mapping is,…why it's needed and how you can use it to apply…two dimensional textures to your 3D objects.…
And check out Creating an Interior Scene with Blender.…Here's we go through the entire process of creating…an interior scene in Blender from beginning to end.…The modeling, UV mapping, texturing and lighting.…So I wish you good luck as you continue working with Blender…and thanks for watching.…
Darrin begins by creating the frame of the motorcycle using curves. He then builds up the motorcycle piece by piece, creating the exhaust pipes, fenders, handlebars, engine components, and brakes. These lessons capitalize on the Path tool and modifiers like Solidify and Booleans. Finally, Darrin uses Blender's Cycles render engine to create the materials and lighting for the scene, and UV maps the textures to key pieces of the bike. In the end, you will have a greater understanding of Blender's modeling tools and production processes so that you can create vehicles and other hard-surface projects of your own.
- Creating the frame
- Converting a path to polygons
- Modeling the gas tank, tires, fenders, exhaust, and other parts
- Building the engine
- Modeling the seats, wheels, and lights
- Lighting the scene
- Adding materials and texturing
- Rendering the motorcycle
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating an Interior Scene with Blenderwith Darrin Lile2h 27m Intermediate
Creating a Game Environment in Blender and Unitywith Darrin Lile3h 13m Intermediate
1. Creating the Frame
2. Modeling the Accessories
3. Building the Engine
4. Modeling the Seats, Wheels, and Lights
5. Lights, Materials, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.